24 April 2006

Does time go across or down?




Signal vs. Noise, the 37signals blog recently mentioned mightyv. They minimally comment "Calendar with Horizontal Hours", by which I understand that they reckon that hours should go across in the mightyv day view. An awful many television calendars go the other way, take the Radio Times for example, but I think it looks quite bad. The main reason I decided to make time go down is that you get to see the full program title, and program titles tend to get quite long. I get very annoyed with websites like the Radio Times' which show "World Snooke..." as a program. This is the web, we don't need to abbreviate. Thus I decided that time should progress down the page, much like your real diary does (and people seem to back me up). Comments welcome.

Leon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home